Dark magic, like all other magics cast by humans, requires intensive study and use of a magic book dedicated to the spell in question. Below are listed the spells a human with dark magic can cast, a short description, and a few low-level variants found in a level two spell book.
A projectile bolt of energy. When it hits, it creates a small explosion that damages nearby enemies.
- Variants include: longer range, smaller bolt, larger bolt, slightly stronger bolt, weaker bolt, and more.
A poison cloud surrounds all enemies directly in front of the caster, causing a reaction similar to chemical burns. It has a relatively low chance of causing lasting damage in the spell's most basic form.
- Variants include: larger cloud, smaller cloud, weaker cloud, aesthetic cloud, moving cloud, slightly stronger poison, weaker poison, and more.
A single green slime tendril reaches from an abyss to grab enemies. Dark energies radiating from the tendril damage enemies in a radius around the caster. This spell is a slow-cast spell, and the damage takes a few seconds to take hold.
- Variants include: second tendril, slightly more intensive energies, energy elimination from the tendril, small tendril, large tendril, and more.
The caster turns into a monster and gains its abilities and strengths for the duration of the spell. This spell makes the caster able to avoid confrontations with mindless or feral monsters, if they also act like the monster. Other spells cannot be used while morphed. This spell lasts only a few minutes.
- In order of weakest level to strongest level, the basic spell's roster includes: slime (neutral), skeleton, spider, dark wolf, harpy, gargoyle, and demon.
- Other variants include alternate elements, different size (no more than a 15% difference from one level to another), and at high levels, a caster can change only part of his body.
A dagger orbits the caster and attacks one nearby enemy. Once it finishes a single attack, it returns to the path of its orbit. It does this three times at its lowest level. Because the spell is physical, armor can mitigate some of the damage.
- Variants include: additional daggers, additional attacks, altered paths, dulling, sharpening, and more.
A homing projectile that hits one enemy. It attaches and is inert for 1-2 seconds, and then begins to drain the monster's blood, directing a portion to the caster as healing magic. Ninety percent of the drained blood is lost in the process. The ratio of damage to vitality stays the same from level to level, but other parts of it have variants.
- Variants include: aesthetic variations, spell strength, spell range, and more.